1997 Grand Banks 40' (12.19 m)
Salem, Massachusetts, United States
Designed by C. Raymond Hunt Associates, Witch Way has a beautiful downeast appearance with state of the art hull form below the waterline. The interior has the popular galley down arrangement giving more living and entertaining space in the saloon - ready for cruising or fishing.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: GNDK0016F797
The Master Stateroom is forward with large V-berth and filler cushion. Storage drawers underneath. There is a full-size hanging locker and storage under the V-berth. Additional storage cabinets along both sides of the V-berth. There is a large overhead hatch as well as opening ports on opposite sides and reading lamps at both ends of the V-berth. Full length mirror is mounted in the master stateroom, along with a DVD and 13" TV monitor with satellite TV reception. Head is to port with Corian countertop, shower, Vacuflush head, macerator, tankwatch monitor, and power vent.
Guest Stateroom to starboard with over/under bunks, full size hanging locker, and its own private ensuite Head/Shower with power vent, Vacuflush head, separate macerator, tankwatch, and holding tank. The shower has a Mattsson thermostatic/pressure and temperature controlling faucet.
Up three steps from the Galley is the Main Saloon. The traditional appearance of the interior is formed with teak wood varnished in a satin finish. To starboard is the L-shaped settee with drawers on the end and under-seat storage. The dinette table completely refinished has two folding leaves with the top done in high gloss and the supporting structure in a satin finish. The saloon has been further upgraded with new curtains and Ocean Aire venetian blinds giving the area a warm living room atmosphere. The saloon and lower helm cushions have been replaced with new foam and oyster shell colored ultraleather. The original Grand Banks straight armed wooden chairs have been replaced with oyster shell colored ultraleather covered barrel chairs located on the port side opposite the settee. The aft entry sliding door from the cockpit is fitted with an Ocean Aire retracting screen door. Most of the interior lighting has been modernized with new fixtures fitted with LED bulbs for appearance and efficiency. Between the two barrel chairs is an entertainment center with front tambour door access to storage.
- Bose surround sound stereo system
- DVD player and 13" TV monitor with KVH Satellite TV plus TV antenna for over the air reception.
- Clarion AM/FM/CD/MP3/Sirius Radio with remote speakers and control on the Flybridge
U-shaped Galley to port. The space is open overhead,very bright and airy, with an opening hatch and side port for ventilation. Cabinet storage is abundant. Stainless steel sink has a wooden cover/cutting board, and the countertop is Corian. There is an additional fold away counter top extender for meal preparation.
- Seawind Princess three-burner propane cooktop
- New GE Microwave oven below (2022)
- Countertop toaster oven
- Vitrifrigo AC/DC two drawer under counter refrigerator
- Countertop access 12V Sea Frost freezer, with new controller, display and fan in 2022.
Lower Helm is to starboard, with a large comfortable seat with drawer storage under, wooden steering wheel, engine controls/instruments and electronics. The electrical AC/DC panel is located on the port side of the helm station. An opening side door provides deck access and zip in screened ventilation. The center panel of the Windshield also opens and has a snap on screen. The navigation table with a swiveling stool is to port with an opening top for chart storage.
Cockpit deck is teak and has storage lockers on each side of the entry door to the saloon. The port locker stores two 10 lb. aluminum propane tanks. There is one fishing rod holder recessed in the port gunnel. The below deck lazarette storage area has three opening hatches. There is also a hot and cold fresh water shower and a transom door that leads onto the swim platform. The cockpit is completely covered by an awning (new in 2022) with complete side wall enclosures with zip opening windows covered with screens. Additionally, there are sun shades for all three sides that can be installed with or without the side enclosures installed. With the aft enclosure installed the saloon and the aft deck become one large room.
Flybridge is well thought out, comfortable and provides great visibility. Helm chairs have been upgraded to deluxe Arrigoni Design captain's chairs.
- New Bimini (2020)
- New covers for captain's chairs (2022)
- New canvas helm station cover (2022)
- New cushions and canvas cover for aft settee (2022)
- New plexiglass windscreen (2022)
- Complete four wall enclosure with zip open screened ventilation ports
- Sun shades & covers for Nav instruments, steering wheel, and aft settee
- Engine controls/instruments, chart plotter with radar overlay, fish finder, depth, AIS-B and bow thruster control
- Side Power bow thruster, control at both helms
- Westerbeke 5kw generator with sound shield (1000 hours)
- (2) New Dometic reverse cycle air conditioning units (2022)
- Fireboy Xintex Automatic engine room fire extinguishing system with automatic shutdown for engines, ventilating fans and generator. System has bypass capability.
- Glendinning Engine Synchronizer
- Hynautic Hydraulic Steering Units
- High water alarm system
- Washdown spigot in cockpit, foredeck and engine room
- Spare props
- Twin Disc Marine Transmissions
- Twin Disk Trolling valves for both engines
- 12 Volt Oil Change pump for both engines and generator
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Dual engine room ventilating blowers
- Racor Fuel filters for engines and generator. Vacuum gages with recording needle installed on engine Racor filters
- Zintex Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Grogo Seacock Strainers for engines, generator, A/C units and Sea Water Wash Down
- Water tank gage and Fuel quantity gage at lower helm
New in 2020/2021:
- Motor mounts for both engines
- Port engine water pump
- Powder coated engine fan belt guards
- Hydraulic steering pump and hoses
- Water heater and hoses
New in 2022:
- Flow scan dampeners and hoses
- Fuel lines
- (2) 1 3/4" oil hoses for both engines
- (3) wiper motors, arms and blades
Electrical & Electronics
Electrical system was completely modernized by the addition of a Balmar High Output alternator and Balmar Max Charge MC-612 Multistage Marine regulator. The two 8D batteries were combined into one large house bank and a third 8D was added for starting the generator and the main engines. Emergency isolating and paralleling switches were also added. A Magnum Energy 2500 watt Inverter/Charger combined with an advanced remote control and monitor panel were also added.
- Raymarine E-120 (2) Chart Plotters (with latest Raymarine mapping) networked together at lower helm and flybridge and interfaced to the auto pilot
- Northstar 951X GPS plotter at lower helm (Used as backup)
- Raymarine 4 Kw Radar displayed at both stations with overlay on chart plotters
- Raymarine Depth/Fish Finder displayed on E-120s
- Sirius Marine Weather displayed on E-120s
- Raymarine AIS-B displayed on E-120s
- Robertson AP20 autopilot at both stations with upgraded processor and rate compass
- Rudder angle indicators both helms
- New air horns and system (2022)
- Standard Horizon VHF, both stations
- Standard Horizon electronic log, hailer, fog horn and intercom at upper station
- Wave WIFI EC-Series Mobile Wireless Internet Network with external signal amplifying antenna
- KVH TracVision M3 Satellite Antenna an Receiver
- Shakespeare SeaWatch 21" TV Antenna
- Both compasses overhauled (2022)
- Current East Coast charts from Maine to Florida
Hull and Deck
Hull is Flag Blue with a gold cove stripe and new white double boot top (2022). The Deck is white with contrasting "Moon Dust" non skid.
- Two Marinco Shore Power cords: 50 amp and 30 amp
- Maxwell electric anchor windlass controllable from the foredeck and both helm stations
- 45 lb CQR anchor with 200' of chain
- Teak swim platform with swim ladder
- Removable stainless steel dinghy davits
- Exterior windshield and forward window sun covers
- Clock and Barometer
- New shaft spur cutters (2022)
- 6 adult life jackets
- 3 hand held fire extinguishers
- Horseshoe Life Ring
- 4 Docking Lines
- 4 Fenders with new covers (2022)
LOA: 40' (12.19 Meters)
Type: Power- Used
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Caterpillar
- Engine Model: 3208
- Hours: 2833.00
- Engine Make: Caterpillar
- Engine Model: 3208
- Hours: 2833.00
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
Want more information?
Dion's Yacht Yard
23 Glendale Street
Salem MA 01970 USA
As a member of an active sailing family, Andrew was raised on the waters off Stonington, CT sailing primarily on Blue Jays, Lasers and various J Boats, among others. His adventures in boating began in his early childhood and have led to a broad array of recreational and competitive experiences on the water. His racing activities include numerous IRC, PHRF and one-design events, Block Island and Key West race weeks, the Marblehead-Halifax race, Newport-Bermuda race, Pineapple Cup, St. Barth’s Bucket and Shipyard Cup.
Andrew lives in Magnolia, MA and is an active member of the Manchester Yacht Club serving on the club’s Race Committee, as well as serving on the board of directors for the Manchester Sailing Association. He spends his free time on the coast of Maine in the summer and is also an avid fisherman and skier. Andrew’s boating knowledge – both sail and power – is sharp and his friendly professionalism creates a pleasant and informative buying or selling experience for his clients.