1993 Freedom 35' (10.67 m) 35
Rockland, Maine, United States
The Freedom 35 was designed by Dave Pedrick. Features include two private staterooms, a head with a stall shower and a walk-through transom.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: FYC35005A393
Official Number: 995307
LOA: 35' 4'' (10.77 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Draft Max: 4' 6''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Monohull
Fuel Tank: 31 Gallons (117.35 Liters)
Fresh Water: 80 Gallons (302.83 Liters)
Holding Tank: 40 Gallons (151.42 Liters)
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 3GM30F
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 27.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
This design has a large interior for its size. There is a V-berth with insert forward with hanging and shelf locker storage to port and starboard. Just aft of the forward cabin is a settee berth to starboard and an L-shaped settee to port which converts to a berth. Also to port is bulkhead-mounted 2 leaf dinette table that folds down to accommodate 6 for dinner. Just aft of the starboard settee is a chart table with electrical control panel and electronics outboard. The head is aft to starboard and includes a separate stall shower. Across from the head and adjacent to the companionway stairs is an L-shaped galley and aft of the galley is the owners cabin with a double, thwart ship berth with headboard cushion.
There are lockers, drawers and shelves for storage throughout the boat. There are also 12 stainless steel opening port lights, 4 deck hatches, and 2 skylights for maximum ventilation and light. This is a light and airy boat with varnished cherry trim and varnished teak and holly flooring that creates a warm and inviting interior.
- 12 stainless steel opening ports with screens
- 4 deck hatches
- 2 deck skylights
- Head with stall shower and acrylic shower door with shower seat
- Galley with Sea Frost engine-driven and 110 v AC refrigeration
- Force 10 2-burner propane stove with oven and broiler
- Double stainless steel sink with sprayer
- Air Conditioning
- Fire extinguisher
The engine is located amidships under the port settee for easy access. This area is well insulated and includes a blower. The engine is the reliable Yanmar 3GM30F with cylinder compression release levers for easy starting.
- 3-blade feathering max prop
- Dripless shaft seal
- Racor fuel filter
- Sea strainer
- Fireboy engine room auto extinguisher
- 2019 Garmin GPS Map 220 chart plotter at nav station
- 2019 Furuno LCD radar at nav station with scanner on post on transom
- B&G Network speed, depth
- Raymarine wind instrument
- B&G autopilot
- B&G Network VHF at nav station
- Alpine TDA 7563 stereo cassette
- Alpine CD Shuttle CD changer
- Bose speakers in the cockpit
- Infinity stereo speakers interior
- Remote control for stereo
- Binnacle compass
- 110 volt AC and engine-driven Sea Frost refrigeration
- Electrical breaker panel
- 3 batteries: 2 in house bank and 1 engine start
- Battery selector switch
- Pro Mariner SS 40 battery charger
- 30 Amp shore power cord
- GFI protected outlets
- 12 v DC outlet at nav station
- Cockpit flood light
- Electric push button marine toilet
- Y-valve for overboard discharge
- Stall shower w/ sump pump
- Cockpit hot and cold shower
- 6 gallon hot water heater heats from engine and 110v element (new 2011)
- Electric bilge pump with float
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
Deck - Hull - Rigging
Hull is blue with white boot stripes. The deck is white non-skid.
All lines lead through stoppers to the cockpit. The deck is clean and easy to maintain with only 2 teak grab rails for a nice accent. Stanchions and double lifelines are higher than industry standard for added safety. Boarding gates to port and starboard. The cockpit includes a walk-through transom and easy access to the companionway stairs for getting below. Integral anchor locker on foredeck keeps mud and water from inside the boat. Dorade vents add fresh air to the cabin even when the boat is closed up.
The mast is the free-standing, carbon fiber spar for which Freedom is so well known. The main is fully battened and has 2 built-in reefs which are fully set from the safety of the cockpit. The jib has the standard Camberspar for easy self-tacking and self-tending which will wing out automatically on a run. There is a solid boomvang for extra control and safety. All sail controls are lead to the cockpit with clutch-style deck stopper and all sail handling can be managed from the cockpit. New sheave box at the top of mast. The simplicity of the rig and self-tacking jib make sail handling a breeze.
- Fully battened Aurora Sail main
- Camberspar Aurora Sail jib
- Doyle stack pack
- Jib cover (2015)
Deck and Hull:
- Dodger - Eisen glass replaced 2011 - Sunbrella
- Bow anchor roller
- Hall Quick Vang rigid boom vang
- Harken ball-bearing turning blocks
- Harken traveler
- Harken #42 two-speed, self-tailing winch
- Lewmar clutch stoppers
- Edson pedestal and wheel
- 40# Bruce anchor with chain and rope rode
- Propane barbecue
- Two 6# propane bottles in dedicated propane locker
- Emergency tiller
- Dock lines
- Harken Batt Car
- Jiffy reefing system
- Removeable transom seat
This is a great family cruiser with fast sailing performance and a spacious cheerful interior.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
Office Manager/Yacht Specialist